IRONMAN Louisville 2017 Webinar
Coach Barry and Coach Mike presented a Webinar for First time IRONMAN athletes on the official IRONMAN site.
Here is the PowerPoint presentation file available for download:
Download POWERPOINT File - 13MB
Audio available here registreation required
2018 IRONMAN Louisville Training Camp Weekend
Thanks to those who came out for the 2017 edition of our IRONMAN Louisville training camp. If you are racing 2018 IRONMAN Louisville, this boutique-style weekend training camp is a must!
- Low Athlete-to-Coach Ratios
- Ride & Run will be done on the IRONMAN Louisville Course
- Swim course will be analyzed both by video review & walking tour (no in water workout)
- Date TBD - Bike course review: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Date TBD – Bike course ride: One lap of the course with a certified coach leader, maximum 4 riders + lead rider per group. Ride starts at daylight.
- Date TBD – Swim and Run course review: 4:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Date TBD – Run course training run: One lap run of the run course with a certified coach leader & supported aid stations. Run starts 8:00 a.m.
- Date TBD – Swim course walk through: (no in water swim). Review of the course including walk to swim out and then to where changing tents will be set-up.
- Yoga – 1-hour Gentle Restorative Class
- BarryS Coaching Hat or Visor
- Pre-, In- & Post-workout nutrition provided by Infinit Nutrition
- Access to all BarryS Coaching Sponsor Discount Codes – including Rudy Project, XTERRA Wetsuits, Infinit Nutrition, Finnis Swim, Ken Combs Running Store
- Ability to purchase, at cost, BarryS Coaching Triathlon & Cycling Kits
- Cookout at Coach Barry's House Saturday evening
- Detailed Swim, Bike & Run Course review, analysis, strategy
- Swim course 2.4 mile video review
Registration is limited to 8 athletes
Finishing Ironman Easier than Finishing This Ironman Story
By John Boel
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - They are fast, chiseled, thirsty, crazy and for the most part, the people who try the Ironman Triathlon are on the shy side of retirement age, with two good wheels.
Not coach Barry Stokes. Continued…
NEW IRONMAN Louisville Bike Course
Coach Barry has posted his Garmin Connect profile of the new IRONMAN Louisville Bike Course. The biggest change is the out-and-back on 1694 is gone.
view Barrys profile
Here is the official Bike Course Map .
2017 Athlete Guide
The 2017 IRONMAN Louisville Athlete Guide will be posted on the IRONMAN Louisville website 4-6 weeks prior to the event.
Please reference the 2016 Athlete Guide .
Please be sure to read the guide prior to race week for important information regarding Athlete Check-In, course cut-offs, and much more. Hard copies of Athlete Guide will not be available onsite. Please plan on downloading these PDFs to your mobile device or printing out a copy for your reference.
Race Day Checklist
We have created a race day checklist that covers just about everything you will need for your first triathlon. We have also included a couple tips. continued…
See also: the race day walk-through.
Race Day Plan
As we head into the heart of race season the following link will take to you Race-Day Plan Sheets which may help you 1. organize your thoughts & plans for race day and 2. bring a bit of reinforcement & comfort to you mentally in the days leading up to the race. Thank you to Scott Fliegelman for putting the outline together. continued…
Race Day Walk-Through
The race-day walk through is a handy guide on what to expect on race day for newer triathletes and is applicable to any triathlon up to IM 70.3. continued…
See also: the race day checklist.
Coach Barry talks about focus on what you can control
IRONMAN Louisville Swim Start
Eric William proudly crossing the finish line IRONMAN Louisville
Entertainment at the BarryS Coaching
Y'all it's a Party, Party during the 2015 Ironman. Josh Goodman, you two were The Best! Thank you