Our Open Water Swim Program will be taking on a new flavor for 2017. The Program will be divided into 2 x 8 week sessions. Athletes can sign-up for 1 or both swim sessions.
- May 10-July 12. (We have allotted 10 weeks for 8 swims).
- SKILL FOCUSED; Goal = Skill Development - drafting, sighting, turning, swimming straight.
- July 19 - September 20 (or 8 swims, whichever comes first).
- Session II will be ENDURANCE FOCUSED; Goal = Fitness and Efficiency - getting you fit and ready for a 1.2 or 2.4 mile open water swim. Athletes can sign-up for 1 or both swim sessions.
TriMasters Open Water Swims
Wednesdays, 5:30 PM Paramont Estates
- Session I late registration
- Session II early registration
Group swim expectations:
- SAFETY is always first! Stay organized and be prepared to help others if needed!
- A signed release will be required each week
- Orange or white swim cap must be worn & will be available for purchase each week if necessary
- Toes in the water at 5:30 PM
- Swim will be completed by 6:30 PM
Our hope is for the swims to continue weekly, weather permitting, through the early fall. Best to bring a wetsuit for the first few.
Meet at the Paramont Estates Club House at 5:15 PM. We leave the Club House at 5:15 PM to allow toes in the water at 5:30 PM. Don't be late!
Due to safety concerns and the logistics involved such as parking (the lake is in the middle of a residential area after all), we cap the number of open water swimmers at a safe, manageable number.
BarryS Coaching personalized coaching clients get first priority on these limited, highly sought-after slots. To ensure you get your slot for next year, become a BarryS Coaching client.
FINIS Swim Gear
BarryS Coaching is very pleased to announce we are now a provider of FINIS swim gear. Call, Text, E-mail one of our USAT, Ironman and USMS Certified Coaches to receive our 20% off discount code when next you need to order high quality swim gear! Visit the FINIS website for a look at all the products offered. Two of our favorites are the Agility Hand Paddles and the newly introduced EDGE Swim Fins. Good Swimming!