Registration for 2019 Now Open
Our Open Water Swim Program is a big hit and fills up fast every year. 2019 should be no different.
For 2019 we will offer 3, 6-week Open Water Swim Sessions. Register for Session I, Session II or Session III or all three.
- Dates: May 8 – June 12 (6 weeks for 5 swims, allowing for 1 rainout).
- FOCUS: Tri Louisville Sprint & Olympic. Open water skills development and technique practice.
- Dates: June 26 – July 31 (6 weeks for 5 swims, allowing for 1 rainout).
- FOCUS: Derby City Trifecta Sprint & Olympic. Open water swim skill development, technique and fitness, getting you fit and ready for a 1.2 or 2.4 mile open water swim.
- Dates: August 14 – September 18 (6 weeks for 5 swims, allowing for 1 rainout).
- FOCUS: Olympic, 70.3 to IRONMAN. Open water swim skill development along with swim endurance fitness from Olympic to IRONMAN distance swim, including longer swim sets.
How to overcome a panic attack in open water?
TriMasters Open Water Swims
Wednesdays, 5:30 PM Paramont Estates
Group swim expectations:
- SAFETY is always first! Stay organized and be prepared to help others if needed!
- A signed release will be required each week
- Orange or white swim cap must be worn & will be available for purchase each week if necessary
- Toes in the water at 5:30 PM
- Swim will be completed by 6:30 PM
Our hope is for the swims to continue weekly, weather permitting, through the early fall. Best to bring a wetsuit for the first few.
Meet at the Paramont Estates Club House at 5:15 PM. We leave the Club House at 5:15 PM to allow toes in the water at 5:30 PM. Don't be late!
Due to safety concerns and the logistics involved such as parking (the lake is in the middle of a residential area after all), we cap the number of open water swimmers at a safe, manageable number.
BarryS Coaching personalized coaching clients get first priority on these limited, highly sought-after slots. To ensure you get your slot for next year, become a BarryS Coaching client.
In the event of bad weather please check the BarryS Coaching Facebook page – a cancellation notice for any swim will be posted there at least 1 hour prior to the swim start time.
You can register for TriMasters Swim Squad Sessions, Lessons or Programs through your phone or desktop computer.
From your phone, download the appropriate app:
Desktop users visit the link below:
TriMasters Swimming Sign-Up
If you have any questions about sign-up procedures, perhaps Mike's YouTube video will help:
TriMasters Sign Up Instructions
FINIS Swim Gear
BarryS Coaching is very pleased to announce we are now a provider of FINIS swim gear. Call, Text, E-mail one of our USAT, Ironman and USMS Certified Coaches to receive our 20% off discount code when next you need to order high quality swim gear! Visit the FINIS website for a look at all the products offered. Two of our favorites are the Agility Hand Paddles and the newly introduced EDGE Swim Fins. Good Swimming!
BarryS Coaching Paramont Open Water Swimming turned me from an anxious, nervous wreck into a
– Julio D.
bulletproof open water swimmer. After recording my first DNF in a local triathlon, thanks to an open water panic attack, I finished 3rd in my age group in the same race one year later. All the credit goes to the weekly open water swim practice at Paramont. After working with this great group of coaches and athletes I know that I am prepared for and ready to adapt to any challenge I may face during an open water race.
Last week at paramont was spectacular! I went a little stronger than normal. I think it really set me up for my race this past weekend where I PR'ed the half, especially the swim (in Cedar Point). Managed a 1:40/100m pace which is a huge step for me. Thanks.
– Bill S.
This made a huge difference in my season! Thanks for all the behind the scenes work, looking forward to doing it again next year!!
– Steve F.